Formentera TRAIL 21.1
3 June 2023
Formentera TRAIL 21.1 - 3 June 2023 - 9th Edition
BRAND NEW: Formentera TRAIL 10.0 k.
What is Formentera TRAIL 21.1 and
Formentera TRAIL 10.0 ?
A COMPLETELY REVISED PROGRAMME !
Many things have been changed in Formentera Trail 21.1.
Now TWO are the races: the classic half-marathon and a 10 km. As usual, is confirmed the 10 km non-competitive for walkers.
Start and finish line is at La Mola lighthouse, where a parking lot is set for cars and scooters.
Timing by chip both in the 10 km and 21.1 km
- The bib number will bear an emergency phone number; strongly reccommended to carry a cell phone during the race.
- At refreshment points will only be possible the use of the collapsible cups provided to all the participants; this is meant to reduce as much as possible the use of plastics and paper.
- It will be possible collect the bib numbers and the race package also in the race day, from 7,30 to 8,30 by the organization tent (valid only for the runners regularly registered online. Last minute on-the-spot registrations are not accepted).
- In order to facilitate the runners for the after-race lunch, two packages have been set:
– BASIC PACKAGE, includes bib number, insurance, race services, collapsible cup and race medal.
– PREMIUM PACKAGE includes: bib number, insurance, race services, collapsible cup and race medal. To these items, the following is added:branded t-shirt, lunch and free drinks (an identification bracelet will be provided to the subscribers) .
- Cotton T-shirt branded Formentera Trail 10.0 for the runners and the walkers. Cotton T-shirt branded Formentera Trail 21.1 for the half-marathon runners.
Half Marathon TRAIL – Km 21.1
The course stretches partially on flat dust roads in the upper part of the area ( La Mola) and partially on downhill trails leading to Mitjorn beach and then climbing up back to La Mola, following the historical Camino Romano.
The first 6 km are flat; after the first wateer point is downhill to reach the 2nd water point; from here a single track clamb up to reach km 14. The last 6 km are flat, on asphalt in the last 700 meters before the La Mola lighthouse.
Difficulties are mainly due to the terrain – pretty jagged and demanding in some sections – and to the 420 meters climb. A map of the race course is shown by the start line.
Besides the final refreshment point, water points at 6th, 11th and 17th km are set; the course will be marked as described at the pre-start briefing. By the start line a parking for cars and scooters will be set. A guarded spot where to leave sport bags also will be set. Time limit 3 hours.
Formentera TRAIL – Km 10.0
Is the new entry for this edition, a competitive 10 km that entirely stretches in the upper part of Pilar de la Mola featuring an easy and almost flat course, pretty fast.
A single refreshment point at half distance will be set.
There is neither downhill along the Stufador trail nor climb on Camino Romano single track: the whole itinerary stretches in the upper parto of La Mola.
10 KM WALKERS
The same course will be used by the walkers. There’s no rank for this category,but the finisher medal will be awarded.
RECCOMMENDED to all participants to run with a water supply of minimum 0.5 liters. with bottle or reservoir. In case of hot temperatures, three water points could be not enough to re-hydrate.
PHOTOS from previous editions
Torna al menu
Formentera TRAIL 21.1 video
– Max numbers admitted:
TRAIL 21.1: 250 people
TRAIL 10.0: 250 people
CAMMINATORI: 50 people
– Registrations are online only:no registrations on the spot are possible.
– Once sold out all the categories, registrations will be closed.
- What documents I need ? I.D. or passport
- Do I need vaccinations ? No
- What is the official currency in Formentera? Euro
- Is own SIM working in Crete ? Yes
- Do I need a license for the scooter? Yes
- Where is Formentera located? It is located in the Balearic Islands, off the coast of Spain
- What is the official language ? Spanish
- In what area of Formentera does the race take place? It takes place in various parts of the island.
- How’s climate ? Pretty hot but mildly windy.
- How are the temperatures? In rhe event period, 25°-28° C
- Which time zone ? GMT +1
- How is the terrain ? The terrain si pretty much variated, depending on the stage. These range from hard, compacted earthen soils, to rocky soils that require some attention due to the presence of stones, to more distinctly sandy
- What animals is possible to find ? Any dangerous animal.
- What is the compulsory equipment ? None
- How is the itinerary marked ? With fluorescent orange bows and arrows
- How are the routes ? Mostly off road.
- How do I manage personal trash ? Litter is strongly prohibited: trash must be carried to water points or finish line.
- What is served in the refreshment points ? Water, drinks, tea, biscuits, fruit.
- Does the cell phone pick up along the way? Yes, almost everywhere.
- Do I need a medical certificate ? Yes
- Is it advisable to have a personal insurance ? Yes
- Is there Zitoway staff along the routes ? Yes, several vehicles, including the medical one, patrol the race.
- In case of bad weather, will the race take place ? Yes
WITH RESPECT TO THOSE WHO HAVE DULY ENROLLED IN THE PROGRAM, THE RUN OR WALK IS RESERVED EXCLUSIVELY FOR MEMBERS WITH BIBS; ANY ACCOMPANYING PERSONS WHO DO NOT HAVE A REGULAR IDENTIFICATION BIB, WILL BE ASKED NOT TO USE THE TRAILS DURING THE RACE AND IN ANY CASE ALL IN-RACE AND POST-RACE SERVICES ARE RESERVED EXCLUSIVELY FOR THOSE WITH BIBS.
- Is there internet in the accommodations? Usually it’s available.
- What plug do I need to charge my devices in the hotel ? European plugs
- I have nutritional special need, what do I do ? The final lunch is one for all: sorry, but no chance to have any special menu.
- What shoes are more suitable for the Formentera TRAIL 21.1? The terrain is mostly compact and rocky, with sections to run along cliffs that can be tricky. Structured, well-built shoes are surely advised, to prevent ankles injuries.
- And what socks ? Technical socks with variated thickness or single-toes socks are advisable.
- How do I dress for the race ? Usual running clothing is appropriate for the conditions; possible windy conditions should be considered.
- I take part in the Formentera TRAIL 21.1 as a runner RUNNER: are walking poles useful ? No
- What do I put in my Emergency Kit ? Wide range antibiothic, ant-diarroea, antipyretic, pain killers (ibuprofen). A medical h24 assistance is provided.
- Are there mosquitos or other insects ? No